Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Year, New Resolutions

Okay, so it is a new year...2011, baby! Which means my inevitable list of resolutions. First and foremost is always...yep, lose weight. I mean, come on, why mess with a classic, right? Seriously, I've got a plan...as usual...but this time I really think it will work. Mom got a great idea for exercise that is free, gets me out of the house, and gets the boys moving too. She is going to get a key to the church at least 3 times a week (if not more) and we are going to go there. The kids can run and play ball in the cultural hall, while I run around the cultural hall. Plus, if I take my ipod we can dance too. It will wear the boys out as well as give them some space to move (which will be a nice change from our little home). Plus, I will get to run like I've been dying to do. We started yesterday and it just felt good. I could have stayed there all day.

The other part of my plan is, of course, the food aspect of it. When I get to talk to Heavenly Father, one of my first questions will be, "Why do some people get to eat and eat and gain nothing, while I eat a little and gain 5 lbs for my effort?" Ugh! Anyway, the food aspect...trying to be good with that side of it. I've alotted myself an allowance of 1200-1400 calories a day. I'm trying to focus on mostly fruits and veggies. Lean meats..chicken/turkey/fish, if I eat meats at all...I'm going to try and get most of my protein from other sources...soy, beans, etc. I have made up my mind that I am going to do this right this time. Especially since I'm breastfeeding. I bought this book, Eat Well, Lose Weight, While Breastfeeding. I think it will really help.


My other resolutions are: spend more time working on music stuff with the boys, read the quad this year, and work on things with B.

In other arenas, the boys got to go out (first time for D) and play in the snow. It was so cute. They were both bundled up (D to the point of looking like Randy in A Christmas Story) and were just adorable. D just waddled around, falling down. The first time he fell, he had a hard time getting up. Finally, he spread out his little legs and just threw himself up, flinging his hands out to the sides. Then he just stood there. I was laughing so hard. His little eyes were going back and forth. I took tons of pictures. I'm surprised I got any decent ones with as hard as I was laughing.
After getting all bundled up.
D waddling to the front door.
Grandma getting D to come back to the snow...not too sure about this!
K making "snowmen-angels".
D right after getting up. I have about 8 pictures of him, but they are all pretty much the same because the poor kid wasn't sure what to do next, so he wouldn't move.

No comments:

Post a Comment